History of the Faculty
Unprecedented scale of industrial and civil construction in the postwar years brought about the problem of qualified staff shortage. Based on the Decree of the Council of Ministers of the USSR dated September 20, 1960, Industrial Institute was founded in Pavlodar that later became an important source of manpower for the machine building, construction and energy engineering sectors for the entire Soviet Union.
In November 1962, the Faculty of Mechanics and Technology was established based on the program 0501 Mechanical Engineering Technology, Metal Cutting Machines and Tools.
In the period from 1962 to 1987 two faculties were responsible for training specialists in mechanical engineering: Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Faculty of Mechanics and Technology. The Faculty of Mechanical Engineering offered the following programs: 0509 Agricultural Machinery, 0523 Internal Combustion Engines, and 0529 Refrigerating Machines and Compressor Systems. Owing to the establishment of Pavlodar Tractor Plant in 1966, the Faculty opened the program in 0513 Automobile and Tractor Construction.
In accordance with the requirements of the USSR MH&SSE regarding reorganization of higher education, the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Faculty of Mechanics and Technology were reorganized into the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering in 1987.
In 2001, the Institute of Construction, Transport and Mechanical Engineering was established on the basis of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Faculty of Engineering and Construction.
Because of the fact that the number of programs and students of the faculty was continuously increasing, the Institute of Construction, Transport and Mechanical Engineering was reorganized into two independent institutes. The Institute of Metallurgy, Mechanical Engineering and Transport was responsible for training of specialists in corresponding fields.
In May 2005, the Institute of Metallurgy, Mechanical Engineering and Transport was reorganized into the Faculty of Metallurgy, Mechanical Engineering and Transport.
Administration of the Faculty
Full name: Kayratolla Kayrollinovich Abishev
Position: Dean of the Faculty, Associate Professor of the Department of Transport Equipment and Logistics
Scientific, academic degree: Candidate of Technical Sciences
Academic rank: Associate Professor of PSU
1. Higher, S. Toraighyrov Pavlodar State University, specialty: 2801 - "Automobile and Tractor constuction", 1999
2. Master, S. Toraighyrov Pavlodar State University, specialty: 6N0713 - «Transport, transport equipment and technology", 2007
3. Candidate of Technical Sciences, scientific specialty: 05.05.04- "Road, building and carrying and lifting machines " 2010
Disciplines taught: Testing and diagnosis of transportation. Intelligent transport systems. Fundamentals of technical operation of transport equipment. Prospects for the development of railway stock.
Work experience: 16 years
Field of research: Dynamics of transport vehicles, transport telematics.
1. The owner of the state grant of MES RK for the talented young scientists for 2008-2010.
2. Medal " The effectiveness of career " (18 January, 2013)
3. A member of the National Academy of Sciences of Engineering and Transport of the Republic of Kazakhstan (11.04.2013)
4. The letter of thanks from the rector of S.Toraighyrov PSU to the Independence Day of the Republic of Kazakhstan (16 December, 2013)
5. The owner of the grant for the trip by the Foundation of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan – the Leader of the Nation (October 2014)
Full name: Maral Zhanbolatovna Tusupbekova
Position: Deputy Dean for Academic Affairs, Senior Lecturer of the Department of Metallurgy
Academic degree: Master of Engineering
Academic rank: -
Education: Foundry Machines and Technology
Courses taught: Crystallography and Mineralogy; CAD of Technological Machines
Professional experience: 14 years
Publications: over 20 research papers and teaching materials
Field of research: continuous casting
Professional achievements: a letter of appreciation from the Rector of S. Toraighyrov PSU
Full name: Asylbek Zhumabekovich Kasenov
Position: Deputy Dean for Academic Affairs, Associated Professor of the Department of Machine Building and Standardization
Academic degree: Candidate of Engineering Sciences
Academic rank: PSU Associate Professor
Education: Mechanical Engineering Technology; Candidate of Engineering Sciences in 05.03.01 Technology and Equipment for Mechanical and Physical-Technical Processing
Courses taught: Basics of Interchangeability; Standardization, Certification and Metrology; Technical and Software Support in Meteorology; Topical Problems of Metrology; Engineering and Design Quality Assurance in Mechanical Engineering
Professional experience: 13 years
Publications: over 40 (patents for inventions, research papers, study guides, and teaching materials).
Field of research: metal processing by cutting, design of metal-cutting tools
Professional achievements: letter of appreciation from the Rector, Certificate of Honour from the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Full name: Aleksey Vitalyevich Bogomolov
Position: Deputy Dean for Scientific Work, Associate Professor of the Department of Metallurgy
Academic degree: Candidate of Engineering Sciences in 05.16.01 Metal Science and Heat Treatment of Metals (earned from Zh. Abishev Chemical-Metallurgical Institute) (Karaganda, 2010)
Academic rank: Associate Professor of S. Toraighyrov PSU
Education: higher; in 1993 he earned an academic degree with distinction in Machines and Technology of Metal Treatment under Pressure from Kazakh State Technical University (the Faculty of Machine Building).
Courses taught: Materials Science, Mechanical Performance of Materials, Structural Analysis of Metals and Alloys, the Study of Technological Metal-forming Machines.
Professional experience: 23 years
Publications: over 150, including 22 certificates of authorship and invention patents, 12 academic and methodical manuals, 2 monographs.
Field of research: the comprehensive research of metal material reinforcement processes, Metal Science and Heat Treatment of Metals, Metal Treatment under Pressure
- a Corresponding Member of the International Informatization Academy (IIA) (Diploma No.1472 of the Republic of Kazakhstan).
- Professor of the Russian Academy of Natural History (RANH) (Diploma No.6949); Honored Worker of Science and Education of RANH.
- the Alfred Nobel Prize Medal for contributions to the development of invention;
- the V. I. Vernadsky Medal for achievements in development of science; he has been included into the encyclopedia “Scientists of Russia and CIS countries) (Volume X) and the encyclopedia “Scientists of Kazakhstan” (Volume 1);
- Awards from the European Scientific and Industrial Consortium: the PRIMUS INTER PARES Award (First Among Equals), the M. V. Lomonossov Medal (2015) and the Wilhelm Leibniz Medal for contributions to the development of engineering sciences (2014);
- the title of Doctor of Science, Honoris Causa from the Russian Academy of Natural History (RANH) (Diploma No. 0544);
- he is the scientist expert of the National Center of Science and Technology Evaluation of the Republic of Kazakhstan (NCSTE), the expert of the Independent Kazakh Agency for Quality Assurance in Education (IQAA), the national expert of the Accreditation, Certification and Quality Assurance Institute ACQUIN (Germany) in Kazakhstan;
- a Member of the Expert Board of the Center of Technology Commercialization since 2014;
- Letters of Appreciation from Rector of S. Toraighyrov PSU and Head of the Department of Education of Pavlodar Oblast; a Certificate of Merit from the National Testing Center of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan (Astana, 2011); the official representative of the MES of the Republic of Kazakhstan during the Unified National Test, 2011.
- Diplomas: Best Scientist of the Year (according to the results of the research and innovation activity at the University for 2009) and Best Associate Professor of PSU (in the field of engineering, 2011);
- a Member of the editorial board of the journal “Science, Technics and Education” of the publishing house “Problems of Science” (Moscow, Russia);
- S. Toraighyrov Medal for Special Merits to PSU (December, 2014);
- Participation in the Eurasian Higher Education Leaders Forum (Astana, 2015); a certificate for completing a professional development course at the National Institute of Education of Nanyang Technological University (Singapore) (July, 2015).
Full name: Azamat Azhbulatovich Abishev
Position: Deputy Dean for Educational Work, Lecturer (assistant) of the Department of Metallurgy
Academic degree: MS in Engineering
Education: Graduate Diploma in Metallurgy, Master of Science in Engineering 6М070900 Metallurgy
Courses taught: Chemistry and Materials Science (taught in Kazakh); Metal Pressure Treatment (taught in Russian); Ore Pretreatment and Dressing (taught in Russian and Kazakh); Crystallography and Mineralogy (taught in Russian); Structure and Properties of Metals and Alloys Research Methods (taught in Russian).
Professional experience: 3 years
Publications: The invention patent has been received; articles related to the corresponding field have been published.
Field of research: hydrometallurgy of copper
Professional achievements: -
Location of the Faculty: Pavlodar, 139 Ak. Chokin St., room B-204
Telephone: 8(7182) 67-36-30, ext. 12-21
The Faculty offers 7 Bachelor's and 5 Master's degree programs:
- 5В070800 Oil and Gas Engineering
- 5В070900 Metallurgy
- 5В071200 Mechanical Engineering
- 5В071300 Transport, Transport Equipment and Technology
- 5В072400 Technological Machines and Equipment
- 5В073200 Standardization, Certification and Metrology
- 5В090100 Organization of Transportation, Traffic and Transport Operation
- 6М070900 Metallurgy
- 6М071200 Mechanical Engineering
- 6М071300 Transport, Transport Equipment and Technology
- 6М072400 Technological Machines and Equipment
- 6М075000 Metrology
The academic staff of the Faculty consists of more than 60 highly qualified teachers and specialists, 54% of them have advanced academic degrees and ranks.
The Faculty of Metallurgy, Mechanical Engineering and Transport has 4 Departments and training workshops:
National System of Education Quality Assessment (NSEQA) implies internal and external evaluation of the quality of education and learning achievements of students. To this end, the Independent Kazakhstan Quality Assurance Agency in Education held a specialized accreditation (December 2013) and issued certificates of specialized accreditation from January 31, 2014, registration numbers: SA No. 0005/2, SA No. 0005/3, SA No. 0005/4, SA No. 0005/5, SA No. 0005/6.
List of accredited Bachelor's degree programs:
1. 5B070800 Oil and Gas Engineering;
2. 5B071200 Mechanical Engineering;
3. 5B071300 Transport, Transport Equipment and Technology (by industry);
4. 5B072400 Technological Machines and Equipment (by industry);
List of accredited Master's degree programs:
1. 6M071200 Mechanical Engineering;
2. 6M071300 Transport, Transport Equipment and Technology;
3. 6M072400 Technological Machines and Equipment.