History of the Faculty
Unprecedented scale of industrial and civil construction in the postwar years brought about the problem of qualified staff shortage. Based on the Decree of the Council of Ministers of the USSR dated September 20, 1960, Industrial Institute was founded in Pavlodar that later became an important source of manpower for the machine building, construction and energy engineering sectors for the entire Soviet Union.
In November 1962, the Faculty of Mechanics and Technology was established based on the program 0501 Mechanical Engineering Technology, Metal Cutting Machines and Tools.
In the period from 1962 to 1987 two faculties were responsible for training specialists in mechanical engineering: Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Faculty of Mechanics and Technology. The Faculty of Mechanical Engineering offered the following programs: 0509 Agricultural Machinery, 0523 Internal Combustion Engines, and 0529 Refrigerating Machines and Compressor Systems. Owing to the establishment of Pavlodar Tractor Plant in 1966, the Faculty opened the program in 0513 Automobile and Tractor Construction.
In accordance with the requirements of the USSR MH&SSE regarding reorganization of higher education, the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Faculty of Mechanics and Technology were reorganized into the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering in 1987.
In 2001, the Institute of Construction, Transport and Mechanical Engineering was established on the basis of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Faculty of Engineering and Construction.
Because of the fact that the number of programs and students of the faculty was continuously increasing, the Institute of Construction, Transport and Mechanical Engineering was reorganized into two independent institutes. The Institute of Metallurgy, Mechanical Engineering and Transport was responsible for training of specialists in corresponding fields.
In May 2005, the Institute of Metallurgy, Mechanical Engineering and Transport was reorganized into the Faculty of Metallurgy, Mechanical Engineering and Transport.
Administration of the Faculty
Full name: Tyuleugazy Tokilovich Toktaganov
Position: Dean of the Faculty
Academic degree: Candidate of Engineering Sciences
Academic rank: Professor of the Department of Transport Equipment and Logistics, Corresponding Member of the National Academy of Mechanical Engineering and Transport
Education: Automobiles and Tractors; Candidate of Engineering Sciences in 05.05.03 Wheeled and Tracked Vehicles
Courses taught: Professional Kazakh Language; Introduction to Profession; Types of Transport
Professional experience: 51 years
Field of research: Development, design and operation of land traction transport.
- diploma from Burevestnik VSS (December 7, 1971);
- certificate of honour from KRSS Central Committee, the Council of Ministers of the USSR, All-Union Central Council of Trade Unions (1977);
– winner of the socialist competition (1977);
– certificate from PII (1980);
– winner of the socialist competition (1980);
– certificate of honour from PII (1981);
– listed on the Honor Roll of PII (1980, 1981 and 1982);
– medal “For Labour Valour” (1981);
– certificate of honour from the Regional Council of Trade Unions (1989);
– certificate of honour from PII (1989);
– badge “For Excellence in Work”, High School of the USSR;
– badge “Honorary Worker of Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan” (2002);
– Veteran of S. Toraighyrov PSU (2004);
– certificate of honour from S. Toraighyrov PSU;
– certificate of honour from the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
– badge “Honorary Machine Builder of Kazakhstan” (2007);
– medal commemorating 10th anniversary of Kazakhstan's Constitution (2010);
– Sultanmakhmut Torayghyrov Gold Medal (2010);
– medal commemorating the 75th anniversary of Pavlodar region (2013);
– Medal for Services to the Region (2014);
– Letter of appreciation from the Rector of S. Toraighyrov PSU (2015)
Full name: Maral Zhanbolatovna Tusupbekova
Position: Deputy Dean for Academic Affairs, Senior Lecturer of the Department of Metallurgy
Academic degree: Master of Engineering
Academic rank: -
Education: Foundry Machines and Technology
Courses taught: Crystallography and Mineralogy; CAD of Technological Machines
Professional experience: 14 years
Publications: over 20 research papers and teaching materials
Field of research: continuous casting
Professional achievements: a letter of appreciation from the Rector of S. Toraighyrov PSU
Full name: Asylbek Zhumabekovich Kasenov
Position: Deputy Dean for Scientific Work, Associated Professor of the Department of Machine Building and Standardization
Academic degree: Candidate of Engineering Sciences
Academic rank: PSU Associate Professor
Education: Mechanical Engineering Technology; Candidate of Engineering Sciences in 05.03.01 Technology and Equipment for Mechanical and Physical-Technical Processing
Courses taught: Basics of Interchangeability; Standardization, Certification and Metrology; Technical and Software Support in Meteorology; Topical Problems of Metrology; Engineering and Design Quality Assurance in Mechanical Engineering
Professional experience: 13 years
Publications: over 40 (patents for inventions, research papers, study guides, and teaching materials).
Field of research: metal processing by cutting, design of metal-cutting tools
Professional achievements: letter of appreciation from the Rector, Certificate of Honour from the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Full name: Azamat Azhbulatovich Abishev
Position: Deputy Dean for Educational Work, Lecturer (assistant) of the Department of Metallurgy
Academic degree: MS in Engineering
Education: Graduate Diploma in Metallurgy, Master of Science in Engineering 6М070900 Metallurgy
Courses taught: Chemistry and Materials Science (taught in Kazakh); Metal Pressure Treatment (taught in Russian); Ore Pretreatment and Dressing (taught in Russian and Kazakh); Crystallography and Mineralogy (taught in Russian); Structure and Properties of Metals and Alloys Research Methods (taught in Russian).
Professional experience: 3 years
Publications: The invention patent has been received; articles related to the corresponding field have been published.
Field of research: hydrometallurgy of copper
Professional achievements: -
Location of the Faculty: Pavlodar, 139 Ak. Chokin St., room B-204
Telephone: 8(7182) 67-36-30, ext. 12-21
The Faculty offers 7 Bachelor's and 5 Master's degree programs:
- 5В070800 Oil and Gas Engineering
- 5В070900 Metallurgy
- 5В071200 Mechanical Engineering
- 5В071300 Transport, Transport Equipment and Technology
- 5В072400 Technological Machines and Equipment
- 5В073200 Standardization, Certification and Metrology
- 5В090100 Organization of Transportation, Traffic and Transport Operation
- 6М070900 Metallurgy
- 6М071200 Mechanical Engineering
- 6М071300 Transport, Transport Equipment and Technology
- 6М072400 Technological Machines and Equipment
- 6М075000 Metrology
The academic staff of the Faculty consists of more than 60 highly qualified teachers and specialists, 54% of them have advanced academic degrees and ranks.
The Faculty of Metallurgy, Mechanical Engineering and Transport has 4 Departments and training workshops:
National System of Education Quality Assessment (NSEQA) implies internal and external evaluation of the quality of education and learning achievements of students. To this end, the Independent Kazakhstan Quality Assurance Agency in Education held a specialized accreditation (December 2013) and issued certificates of specialized accreditation from January 31, 2014, registration numbers: SA No. 0005/2, SA No. 0005/3, SA No. 0005/4, SA No. 0005/5, SA No. 0005/6.
List of accredited Bachelor's degree programs:
1. 5B070800 Oil and Gas Engineering;
2. 5B071200 Mechanical Engineering;
3. 5B071300 Transport, Transport Equipment and Technology (by industry);
4. 5B072400 Technological Machines and Equipment (by industry);
List of accredited Master's degree programs:
1. 6M071200 Mechanical Engineering;
2. 6M071300 Transport, Transport Equipment and Technology;
3. 6M072400 Technological Machines and Equipment.