A Methodology for the Formation of Highly Qualified Engineers at Masters Level in the Design and Development of Advanced Industrial Informatics Systems
1 Project Code: 544490-TEMPUS-1-2013-1-ES-TEMPUS-JPCR
2 Project Performers in Kazakhstan and Foreign Countries:
- Malardalen University (Sweden);
- Technical University of Sophia (Bulgaria);
- University of Stuttgart (Germany);
- University of Porto (Portugal);
- Al-Farabi Kazakh National University (Kazakhstan);
- S. Toraighyrov Pavlodar State University (Kazakhstan);
- St. Petersburg State Technical University (Russia);
- Petrozavodsk State University (Russia);
- Odessa National Polytechnic University (Ukraine);
- Ukrainian National Technical University (Ukraine).
3 Project Coordinator and Leading Organization:
Polytechnic University of Valencia (Spain)
4 Project Implementation Stages:
– stage one: the 2013 – 2014 academic year;
– stage two: the 2014 – 2015 academic year;
– stage three: the 2015 – 2016 academic year.
5 General Objective:
Integration of the methodology of teaching based on problem-solving (problem-based learning) into a Master's degree program in Industrial Technology for the formation of highly qualified engineers in the advanced system of industrial informatics based on the use of microcomputers, industrial computers, mobile platforms and the platforms using cloud technology.
6 Specific Objectives:
- development of a methodology based on problem-solving (PBL), and resources for teaching AIISM;
- AIISM integration into relevant curricula and programs of Partner Countries;
- development of courses and training of teachers, technicians and administrative staff in the Partner Countries;
- implementation of the AIISM methodology based on problem-solving in the Partner Countries, and providing assistance in the subsequent use;
- evaluation of AIISM implementation results;
- dissemination and use of AIISM results among representatives of the parties concerned.
7 Project Implementation Progress:
- organizational meeting of the Project participants was held at Polytechnic University of Valencia (Spain);
- analysis of the possibilities of AIISM integration into the Bachelor's and Master's degree programs offered by the Faculty of Physics, Mathematics and Information Technology of S. Toraighyrov Pavlodar State University was carried out;
- an article devoted to the basic conceptual framework of the project was published; work is underway to integrate AIISM into the Master's degree programs in 6M070300 Information Systems and 6M060200 Informatics.
8 Effectiveness of the Project at the Macro and Micro Levels:
AIISM is developed using the methodology of problem-solving (PBL) and suggests the implementation of industrial informatics systems for industrial process control. The AIISM methodology is based on the previous experience of EU universities in the field of PBL and active learning methods.
AIISM allows to bring the learning environment closer to the real production environment.
The project is aimed at adaptation of the programs offered by engineering schools in the Partner Countries to the Advanced Industrial Informatics Specialization Modules (AIISM) for effective control of distributed and complex production processes. This reform will exert a positive impact on formation of highly skilled engineers who will be able to easily integrate into the labor market. Moreover, involvement of such engineers in the production process will help improve the productivity and competitiveness of companies, thus contributing to the development of the whole society.
9 Information about the Project Supervisor, Co-supervisors and Managers
- Project Supervisor: Serik Maulenovich Omirbayev, Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor;
- Project Managers: Nelli Emilevna Pfeifer, Doctor of Pedagogic Sciences, Professor; Kundyz Boranbayevna Mukatayeva, Master of Education;
- The academic staff members: Nurlybek Aydargaliyevich Ispulov, Candidate of Physico-Mathematical Sciences; Gulzhan Sagidullayevna Dzharasova, Candidate of Pedagogic Sciences, Associate Professor; Nazira Nurgazyevna Ospanova, Candidate of Pedagogic Sciences.
- Technical support of the project: Sapar Nurakhmetovich Toksanov.
10 Project’s Website: http://medis.upv.es/medis/
MEDIS project meeting at Sofia Technical University
On October 23-24, 2014, the regular meeting of MEDIS project executors within the Tempus program in the period from 2014 to 2016, on the basis of the Technical University of Sofia (Bulgaria). PSU was represented by Nurlybek Ispulov – the Dean of the Faculty of Physics, Mathematics and Information Technology, Gulzhan Dzharasova - Head of the Department "Mathematics and Information Studies".
During the meeting, the coordinators and performers discussed the following issues:
1) Reports of work package 1 “Development of PBL-methodology AIISM courses” (speakers - representatives of universities in Spain, Sweden, Germany, Portugal and Bulgaria).
2) Reports of work package 2 “The development of AIISM training course materials” (speakers - representatives of universities in Spain, Sweden, Germany, Portugal and Bulgaria).
3) Reports of work package 3.1 “Adapting AIISM courses - Analysis of the content of educational programs” (speakers - representatives of universities in Kazakhstan, Russia, and Ukraine).
During the discussion, it was decided to begin the educational process with AIISM courses in September 2015. In S.Toraygyrov PSU the following specialties were selected for AIISM courses implementation: 6M060200 - "Computer Science" and 6M070300 - "Information Systems".
4) Reports of work package 3.2 Adapting AIISM courses – integration into the content of educational programs AIISM courses» (speakers - representatives of universities in Kazakhstan, Russia, Ukraine).
5) Report of MDU (Sweden) – leader on work package 4 “Training courses”.
6) Report of al-Farabi KazNU (Kazakhstan, Almaty) – leader of work package 7 “Dissemination plan”.
PSU executors presented a MEDIS project web page on the university portal. It is appreciated by project participants. PSU experience is recommended to other MEDIS project participants.
7) Report of St.-Petersburg state polytechnic university (Russia) – leader of working package 8 “Operation Plan”.
8) Report of MEDIS project coordinator on financial issues.