|Kanat Kambarovich Akhmetov,Doctor of Biological Sciences, Professor, Dean of the Faculty of Chemical Technology and Natural Science.
Education: Pavlodar Pedagogical Institute, Faculty of Natural Sciences (1980-1985). Postgraduate studies at the Institute of Zoology of NAS RK (1986-1989). Speciality: Biology.
In 1990, he graduated from the graduate school and successfully defended his dissertation for the degree of Candidate of Biological Sciences. Associate Professor of the Department of General Biology, Department of Zoology, Botany and Basics of Agriculture, Department of Zoology, Botany and Physiology of Pavlodar Pedagogical University (1990-1996). Dean of the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Pedagogy, Director of the Natural Science and Pedagogy educational and industrial complex, Dean of the Faculty of Natural Sciences, Director of the Institute of Natural Sciences (1996-2003). In 2004, he defended his dissertation for the degree of Doctor of Biological Sciences in 03.00.19 Parasitology. He is the author of such special courses as Functional Morphology of Helminths, Bloodsucking Diptera of Pavlodar Region and Biological Control of Their Population, which are actively used in the educational process. He supervised 4 Candidate's dissertations, over 40 Master's theses, students' research projects that won diplomas from the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan (1999 and 2002). In 2008-2009, he developed a technology for the use of biological preparation "Baktitsid" in river conditions for biological control of the number of biting midges larvae by order of Sibbiofarm LLC (Novosibirsk, Russia).
K.K. Akhmetov works on the innovation projects funded by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan:
1. Performing Ecological Evaluation by Means of Assessing Environmental Impact and Auditing Environmental Protection Measures (2011-2014).
2. Studies of morphological and functional features of tissue and cellular mechanisms of adaptations of the class Trematoda parasitic flatworms (2013-2015).
3. Study, Classification and Preservation of the Natural (Paleontological) Heritage of Pavlodar Region (2012-2014).
4. Study of Biological Characteristics of Grylotalpa Gryllotalpa to develop a biological preparation for limiting the development of tuberculosis in animals and its prevention.
Awards and honors: He participated in many international conferences including ones held abroad. Member of the Russian Society of Helminthologists, member of the International Association of Helminthologists (ICOPA). He was a member of the Dissertation Council at Kazakh Scientific Research Veterinary Institute (KazAgroInnovation JSC, Almaty), an expert in the Committee for Control Education and Science of RK, a member of the Regional Council for the Environment. Research training at the Department of Cell Biology and Histology, Faculty of Biology, Lomonosov MSU (Moscow), in the framework of this training, he delivered lectures on the ultrastructure of cells, organs and tissues of trematodes (22 hours). Pioneer in the study of fauna, biology and phenology of midges in the riverbed of Irtysh, Pavlodar region. Head of the research group for supporting insecticidal activities at the Department of Sanitary and Epidemiological Control of Pavlodar region (since 1999). The result of the above-mentioned work is development of an algorithm of larvicides bacterial preparations in rivers which is annually used during the mass breeding of biting midges in Pavlodar. This technique has been approved for use in the countries of the Customs Union (Belarus, Kazakhstan and Russia). In 2008-2009, he developed a technology for the use of biological preparation "Baktitsid" in river conditions for biological control of the number of biting midges larvae by order of Sibbiofarm LLC (Novosibirsk, Russia). Mass production of this preparation has begun. He organized and led two international expeditions with participants from Kazakhstan and Russia (2012); Kazakhstan, Russia and Great Britain (2008). Honorary Worker of Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan (2013).
1. Functional morphology and functional bases of the molecular organization of eukaryotic cells: a study guide for graduate students majoring in 6M060700 and 6D060700 (Biology) (written in Russian, the original title: Функциональная морфология и функциональные основы молекулярной организации эукариотических клеток: учебное пособие для магистрантов и докторантов специальности 6M060700, 6D060700-Биология). Pavlodar, 2013
2. Features of the ultrastructural organization of the intestinal epithelium of trematodes (written in Russian, the original title: Особенности ультраструктурной организации эпителия кишечника трематоды). Journal of Zoology, No. 6, 2013. P.68-69.
3. Ultrastructure and functional morphology of male and female Dendrithobilharcia pulverulenta trematodes (Ультраструктура и функциональная морфология мужской и женской особей трематоды Dendrithobilharcia pulverulenta) (Braun, 1901) (Trematoda: Schisthosomatidae) // Russian Journal of Parasitology. 2012, No. 4. P.14-23.
4. Functional morphology of epithelial tissue and intestinal epithelium of the Trematoda class (Plathelminthes type) animals (Функциональная морфология покровной ткани и кишечного эпителия представителей класса Trematoda (тип Plathelminthes)) / International Journal of Applied and Basic Research, No. 9, 2012, Moscow. (18-19).
5. Some characteristics of ovarium of trematodes famale Echinostomatidae // Global Communication and International Scientific Journal. 2010, No. 2 (3). P. 75-79 (Netherlands).
6. Electron microscopic study of male gametes of Echinostoma revolutum trematode (Электронномикроскопическое исследование мужских гамет трематоды Echinostoma revolutum) (Frochlich, 1802). - Periodic international research bulletin. Prospects for innovation in economics and business, the Czech Republic, Prague.
7. Ultrastructure of hypoderaeum conoideum spermatozoa (trematoda: echynostomatidae) (Ультраструктура сперматозойдов трематоды hypoderaeum conoideum (trematoda: echynostomatidae)). - International Scientific and Practical Conference on Biodiversity and Sustainable Development of Nature and Society dedicated to the 75th anniversary of the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University and the 75th anniversary of the Faculty of Biology. Part2. Almaty. Kazakh University. 2009. P. 65-68.
8. Structural and functional organization of the outer layer of trematodes covering (К вопросу о структурной и функциональной организации наружного слоя покровов трематод) // KazNU Bulletin. The Biology series. No. 4 (39). 2008. P. 36-38.
9. Features of ultrastructural organization of the testes, seminal vesicle and prostate glands of Hypoderaeum conoideum (Особенности ультраструктурной организации семенников, семенного пузырька и простатической железы трематоды Hypoderaeum conoideum) // Al-Farabi KazNU Bulletin. The Biology series. No. 4. 2008. P. 38-52.
10. Electron microscopic study of the male reproductive system of Hypoderaeum conoideum (Электронно-микроскопическое исследование мужской половой системы трематоды Hypoderaeum conoideum). - Poisk-Izdenis. The Natural and Engineering Sciences section. No. 4. 2008. P. 50-67.
11. The role of epithelium syncytial structure formation of flatworms // KazNPU Bulletin. The Biology series. 2008. P. 15-19.
12. The role of syncytial structures in organs of parasitic flatworms. - Proceedings of the International Conference “Valikhanov Readings 13”. Kokshetau, 2007. P. 69-75.
Courses taught: Bloodsucking Diptera of Pavlodar Region; Functional Morphology of Vertebrates; Topical Problems of Modern General Parasitology.
Field of research: parasitology, invertebrate zoology, vertebrate zoology, cytology.
Title of the doctoral dissertation: Functional Morphology of the Skin-Muscular Sac and Digestive System of Trematodes of Different Taxonomic and Ecological Groups
Professional experience: 29 years